Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Photography class assignment #1


I started taking an online photography class this week and am already learning so much! Here are the pictures I posted for assignment 1. This week's lesson is on shutter speed. The first picture is a slow shutter speed:

f/36
1/50
ISO-400
46mm

The second is with a high shutter speed:


f/10
1/500
ISO-400
52mm

Both were taken in natural light with a Canon Digital Rebel Xti. See the difference? A few days ago I could not have told you how to do this. Hee hee. Learning is sooo fun!

1 comment:

Amie said...

yay! you did the assignment perfectly. It really is fun, isn't it? When I took my photo of my faucet, it was strange, because when I adjusted the settings between slow and fast shutter speeds, I ended up with different Apertures, thus resulting in some great out-of-focus background. But I didn't know how that happened. Candice said it was that when you're using the Shutter Speed mode, your camera adjusts the aperture automatically. Just in case you too were wondering. :D