Monday, February 16, 2009

Using the Seventies Action

Today I took this picture of my daughter:



It looks fine, though I did let her pick out her own clothes. We are potty training, so I figure the pants won't last for very long. As a result, I wasn't too picky. But the bright pink and yellow contrast a little too much. So I decided to try out a Pioneer Woman action that I have been eager to use. I pulled the picture up in Photoshop and used the "Seventies" action to try a different look. It really washed my baby out, which isn't THAT hard to do...we are both pale faced girls. So I played with opacity. I think I reduced it clear down to 25-30%...just enough to avoid looking completely washed out but enough that you can tell a difference between it and the original. Barely. Here is the result:


One of the awesome things about the Pioneer Woman's Action Sets is that they are free! I am still somewhat of a novice in using photoshop, so I haven't felt brave enough to buy any actions elsewhere. They can be a little pricey. So if you are like me and are just starting to play, I highly recommend them. You can find them here.

No comments: