Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The PW Layer Mask tutorial

Ever since PW posted this nifty technique here I have been itching to try it. But I wasn't sure which photo I wanted to try it on. This morning as I was avoiding being on the computer (so I would actually get some stuff done), I noticed this picture pop up on my screen saver:


I know I have seen it before, but that was before I learned about the layer mask technique...so this time I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it! I pulled it into photoshop and carefully followed Ree's instructions. Here is the result:


I have to say I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I may crop some of the background away in the future to focus more on my girls. And I have a feeling that with a little yard work, this spot may become one of my favorite places to shoot pictures!

No comments: